Stephanie Louise- All Things Beautiful: Wet n Wild: Ultimate Minerals Blushes & Bronzer Mega Review

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Wet n Wild: Ultimate Minerals Blushes & Bronzer Mega Review

So I was so excited when I got these, and there are multiple reasons why:
  • Great Pigmentation
  • New Packaging Idea
  • Brand I Trust
  • Minerals for Summer Heat
 Here they are from the top! This top is a screw on, but it is secured internally!

You never know how new packaging will go, luckily this is awesome. Some people are kind of confused about how it works, so here's my take on it!

Lid Closed...

Lid Open!

To keep the product contained, their new lid keeps everything in the bottom unlike a regular sifter. A few have commented that they don't like this because they can't get the product out. For me the issue has always been keeping the product INSIDE a sifter/container and NOT all over everything else around me. I simply open the lid, open the divider flap, tap some product into the lid and then put it on top of the sifter. When I'm done all I have to do is close the divider flap. No mess, no fussy, and no blush where it shouldn't be...AKA my walls, clothes, dog....etc. 

(Here you can see the "divider flap" & the nubs that keep the blush in the container.)


 (& here you can see how big the blushes are and both lids. See...it is like a cup!)

Here are the shades I received:

 Top to bottom: Bronzer in- Amber Glow. Blushes in- Pinched Pink, Rose Shimmer, & Purely Mauve.



Here they are swatched, first with flash and second without. Names from left to right: Amber Glow (bronzer), Pinched Pink, Rose Shimmer, & Purely Mauve.

Overall:
Great color payoff, these are all one sweep. In testing, color is buildable...but that could be tricky because you really don't need much to begin with. Nice variety. I love the Rose Shimmer. I feel the name is a bit decieving because I find it to be a lovely peachy/pink. Purely Mauve is probably the most wearable day-to-day. Pinched Pink is awesome because it has a much lighter shimmer but isn't completely matte while still being vibrant. I don't use sparkly bronzers all over my fave, but I think Amber Glow will make an awesome bronzey highlight!

Do you own any Wet N Wild Ultimate Minerals Loose Blushes or Bronzers? I'd love to hear your favorite colors and what YOU think about the packaging!

*Item(s) sent to me for review are featured in this post. This in no way guarantees coverage. All of my reviews and reactions are honest, I would never recommend something that didn’t deserve it. For more information, please see my disclosure policy in the top bar.*

5 comments:

  1. Need to check some of these out! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so welcome! Let me know how you like them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got this in Pinched Pink and for some reason I really hated the way the color looked on me! Pink blushes always look good, but there was something about the color that I didn't like.
    For whatever (dumb) reason, I dumped the blush and kept the container.
    (I've never done that before!)
    Anyway, I put a crushed ELF Essentials blush into the container, and it works well for that.
    The shimmery Rose blush and the bronzer look amazing swatched though, so I may have to check those out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea these came out! I'll have to look for them next time I'm at the drugstore. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so welcome! I posted the picture of the lids too, so they should be easier to find! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis

Blogging tips