Stephanie Louise- All Things Beautiful: DIY: Green Tea Mask for Problem Skin!

Saturday, September 24, 2011

DIY: Green Tea Mask for Problem Skin!

 How often have you seen/heard/read about the benefits of green tea? I think (like most "health" items) green tea can be exaggerated, but sometimes the hype is totally relevant. I've heard everything from curing dandruff to SPF protection, but that isn't what I use it for. Since I was around 14, I've been using the power of green tea to fight problem skin. I don't know if it fights sun damage, but I DO know it helps after a sunburn. And acne? Yep, that too. Thus, the title!

Ready to rock naked skin?

Homemade Green Tea Face Mask for ACNE
2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
2 Green Tea Bags
3 Tablespoons Oats
1 Aspirin Capsul


Mix all ingredients together and apply to affected areas. The apple cider vinegar helps absorb oil, the green tea will help rev your skin to heal, the oats soothe, & the aspirin is an old acne trick. I use it as a spot treatment.



Homemade Green Tea Face Mask for SUNBURNS
1 Green Tea Bag
1/2 a Banana, more if you were sunburned other than your face
2 Tablespoons Oats 

The green tea will rev up healing, banana moisturizes, and the oats soothe damaged skin. Not a banana person? You can also swap out banana for avocado for a luxe feel. Should be like a soft paste and can be used on face, neck, body, but not tested on burns originating from anything other than sunlight. 

As always, do a test patch to help avoid allergic reactions! 

I hope you guys like these masks as much as my DIY Pumpkin Foot Scrub you all fell in love with!

4 comments:

  1. Nice post! I love DIY beauty recipes. I have some of my own on my blog: Natural ways to look beautiful

    I also have a recipe similar to your first one, but instead I use rosemary oil rather than aspirin, since it contains similar levels of salicylic acid but is natural. Still, it seems like an interesting DIY recipe to try out!

    How do you use the green tea bags? Do you just break them open and release the herbs into the mix?

    J'adore La Dolce Vita- Beauty, Lifestyle, Empowerment:

    http://www.jadoreladolcevita.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them too!
    Yes, that's what I do. Some people prefer to steep really strong tea to use though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i loveee this post!!! thank you very much!! im going to try the one for acne!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad!!! I hope you like it as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis

Blogging tips