Stephanie Louise- All Things Beautiful: Review: Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes Mascara

Friday, November 11, 2011

Review: Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes Mascara

 

When BzzAgent sent me this mascara I thought "Yippee I was planning to buy it anyway!" Too funny. My husband even knew I was planning to buy it and laughed. How could I not? This is the iconic mascara. Pink & lime green tube, effortless use, & the trustworthy Maybelline stamp. Like most girls I've talked to, this was one of the first mascaras I've ever used. 

So what's new? How has it reinvented itself? The easiest answer is the brush. Brushes have gone rubbery, have you noticed? Its the new in things and I'm loving it! I find they get each individual lash with less clumping, but not all brushes are made equal. 

Check out the makeover on this wand! Notice the heart shape and bright color, before dipped in mascara of course. When dipped in the shade "Very Black" it gets tough to photograph so I wanted to give you a well rounded view beforehand of the brush shape.

What Maybelline Says:
Let's face it — beautiful lashes really do spice up your look. That's why the mascara experts at Maybelline New York took America's favorite mascara and gave it a modern-day makeover. Lots of Lashes features the new Great Little Grabber Brush, a heart-shaped applicator that lets you easily reach all of your lashes – even those pesky ones in the corners – for a multiplied lash look with no clumps. The result is stylish lashes with lots of impact, minus the mess. Nice!
Application tip
To create your lush full-lashed look, sweep brush from root to tip of lashes. Continue building volume by repeating until a stunning lash look is achieved. And no need to let mascara dry in between coats! At the end of the day mascara removes easily with soap and water or makeup remover.

My Impressions:
So far, I am loving it! I have lost some lashes recently due to medical reasons, but please don't let that mess with the results. Most of the missing ones are in the outer corners for reference.
Naked lashes.

One coat without combing or separating.

So, here's what makes this brush different from the rest. For me, its the tip. Now don't get me wrong, I love the brush itself. The long side is easy to use and the shorter side works great for my harder to reach lashes. But the rubber tip (think small eraser head) does what no other brush has been able to. Its like having a felt tip for those spots normal people won't notice but drive me crazy! Every lash ends up jet black as desired.

Lets talk lasting power shall we? This is the most important to me. I do not reapply mascara throughout the day. Every once in awhile I will before a nice dinner or something, but not usually. Mascara has to last without much effort or else it just isn't for me. Lots of Lashes lasted all day for me without smudging, I know this because I went naked. Okay, I guess I need to explain that. To test longevity on a mascara, my EYES go naked (no eyeshadow, liner, primer, etc.) so I can see how it holds up. I really focus on smudging but even more so flaking. Faking really makes me insane. I always end up moving flakes with my fingertips creating weird smudges way down on my cheeks. Not attractive. I applied 2 coats and loved the look but I'd be worried about building up more than that. I mean, you shouldn't NEED more than 2 coats... But I know some of you ladies are probably mascara builders so I figured I would add in that when you wear a lot more I assume some sort of clumping will be evident.
 
How about removal? This washes easily away with my normal makeup wipes or makeup remover. No scrubbing required which is key for healthy lashes.


You'll be seeing me use this mascara a lot more in the coming months! I am really enjoying it, I can't wait to see it after 2-3 weeks as its only a week old currently. The packaging & formula definitely have put it into my daily use for awhile!

Pricing/Availability: Check any store carrying the Maybelline line & you will find Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes Mascara for around $6.50. I must say they have done a great job with the availability of this mascara which I do appreciate!

*Item(s) sent to me for review are featured in this post. This in no way guarantees coverage. All of my reviews and reactions are honest, I would never recommend something that didn’t deserve it. For more information, please see my disclosure policy in the top bar.*

2 comments:

  1. This was my first mascara in 2004, I've gone back to it a couple of times, great mascara for a quick look :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Karla, I think you're talking about the original Great Lash? This is the new one! I really recommend this mascara over the older version!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis

Blogging tips