Stephanie Louise- All Things Beautiful: Winter Wonders: The 4 Item Face

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Winter Wonders: The 4 Item Face

So for those of you who don't know, my job isn't glamorous. It isn't a slacks or false lashes or even a place where they notice makeup generally. I work at a pre-school. So that being said, I try not to do a full face most days. I only work a few hours & at home I'm usually doing wild makeup so I definitely find my balance. This got me thinking about a quick holiday look because often I wrap up writing or meeting with clients for my other job (even LESS glamorous!) & head into work. 

How can I make seasonal makeup fun for the everyday while still keeping it basic enough for everyday wear?

Here's what I came up with!:



Products Used:
- Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eyeliner in Black for Brown Eyes
- Physician's Formula Powder Mineral Glow Pearls in Translucent Peal
- Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick in Top Tomato

So I honestly love everything in this post oh so much, so it made sense it all went together. I started with a clean face & applied the PF Glow Pearls as a highlight to my cheekbones, browbone, cupid's bow, & even a dab under my eyes to brighten the area. I love multi-use products so this is amazing, the perfect brightening & light catching formula. Next was the eyeliner which I applied to both my inner upper & bottom lashline. Easy enough! 

Next is where I would have curled my lashes should you want to! Then I applied 2 coats of my Maybelline Great Lash which I have been getting a decent handle on how to use lately. I figured I would do an "impact lip" so I chose an orange-pink based red to be a bit different. This was before taking it off and reapplying though...I had lip balm on so it didn't adhere for max staying power. I totally knew this just spaced!

What do you guys think? Easy look to achieve? Would you go this bare to let your skin breathe like me?

*Item(s) sent to me for review are featured in this post. This in no way guarantees coverage. All of my reviews and reactions are honest, I would never recommend something that didn’t deserve it. For more information, please see my disclosure policy in the top bar.*

2 comments:

  1. the same thing happens to me...but this look is si pretty and simple i have to try it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you did a red lip here. I've bought a few red lipsticks lately and trying to get the guts to wear them. Even with a natural eyeshadow look, I feel overdone with red lips. I'll have to try this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis

Blogging tips