Stephanie Louise- All Things Beautiful: CVS Mega Haul 2011: Lips

Thursday, December 22, 2011

CVS Mega Haul 2011: Lips


If you saw my haul from the big CVS sale, then you know I scored some sweet deals. Normally, I'm a big time gloss girl, but this time I picked up more lipsticks than glosses! Read on to see swatches & color descriptions!

Lipsticks:
No flash
Flash
Lipsticks from top to bottom: Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Red Alert, Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Berry Queen, Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in Pink Sugar, Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in Carnation, & Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in Peach.
Red Alert- Although sheer, I find this to be a super wearable red because (as expected) they are really moisturizing. If you hate the preciseness of lipsticks, this warm toned red is gorgeous & easy to reapply.
Berry Queen- Not exactly a berry, but a cool toned deeper red. I love the shade although it wasn't what I was expecting. It has a little bit of a deep magenta in it when in a certain lights. Once again, a very easy to wear shade with a pop of color.
Pink Sugar- Kind of a cotton candy sheer pink with flecks of a sheer gold. Although sheer, these are buildable. I think this one is gorgeous & different, not the average frost or shimmer. I think I would like to layer it over another lipstick or lip liner.
Carnation- Very creamy, medium pink with blue undertones. A more wearbale Barbie pink in my opinion, with a frosty-magenta shimmer finish.
Peach- Sheerer than expected, high shine peach with a more reddish undertone. Normally I buy pink based corals so this is different. This has a random sort of frosty finish to it, but much more subtle than a full on frost.

Random assortment of lipsticks eh? I love the Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipsticks so much, they're always super easy to wear but buildable. The Revlon Colorburst lipsticks weren't what I expected, but I like all types of lipsticks so I'm not pouting about it. Pink Sugar was a great surprise!

Glosses:
Natural Light
Natural Light
Flash
 Left to right: Revlon Colorstay Liquid Lipstick in Royal Raisin,Rimmel Moisture Renew Gloss in SOS Red, & Rimmel Moisture Renew Gloss in Red Action. 

Royal Raisin- In the tube this appears to be a mauve based raisin with superfine silver shimmer. It looks super wearable. But its a bit more fun with flash, see how its got multi-colored shimmer? Its so fine its not overbearing at all but picks up the flash incredibly.
SOS Red- More of a pink toned red, this has flecks of golden shimmer.
Red Action- More of a deep red but this one is with red shimmer. I always love same colored shimmer, it gives it a more dynamic finish.

I think I picked up a pretty random assortment overall, but my glosses all happened to be red toned. I know some people have a love/hate relationship with some of these distinct lines , but I went in knowing what I like & what  don't which really helps. For instance, as a lipgloss line, I know the Rimmel Moisture Renew glosses are more sheer than they appear. Honestly, I love having a variety of glosses so I appreciate them for what they are but if I DIDN'T I might be upset. & the Revlon Colorstay Liquid Lipstick isn't to be used on dry lips, thus the long lasting effect. I put in glosses because of its packaging by the way, plus it starts out wet.

2 comments:

  1. Nice haul! 75% off, can't beat that!!! How much did you end up saving?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My entire purchase for everything I got was only $67 which is pretty crazy! I think I saved around $200. Everything averaged out to be about $2 a piece! That includes the 2 Maybelline Tattoo Eyeshadows & the 2 Loreal Infallibles.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis

Blogging tips