Stephanie Louise- All Things Beautiful: Mani of the Day: Milani Jewel FX in Hot Pink

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Mani of the Day: Milani Jewel FX in Hot Pink

So the big excitement of my haul from Walgreens was this beauty, Milani Nail Lacquer Jewel FX in Hot Pink. As requested, here is this stunner in swatches. I put 2 coats of it over Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in Black Out which only took one medium coat. I topped it with one coat of Seche Vite. If you notice any tiny glints of glitter, I've been working on a very special project which I'll be showing you soon!






Milani Jewel FX in Hot Pink is a mix of two hex glitters suspended in a nice clear base. So one type of glitters are distinct holos. These are brilliant and although they can be mistaken for silver from a distance, they are magnificent. Because of their larger size, you really see the reflections of rainbows varying from piece to piece. The other shade is what I imagine Milani feels is a hot pink whereas I see it as more of a dark pink bordering fushia in certain angles. These hex glitters are at what I would call a larger size, but that is just my take on it.






Application is like any larger size glitter, some assembly required. You always have to do some wiggling and such. I do love the clear base though, it was just the right consistency! 

So did it live up to the hype? This was the most requested when I hauled it, will you be in search of it? I personally love it, especially over black. I think for spring I'll put it over a nice lime or neon blue.

8 comments:

  1. I love it! The color is so much fun. I would love to see it over a green... especially the new OPI Nicki Minaj did it on 'em neon green!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew had to do it over black first, but I can't to see it over something brighter! Ahhhh I want spring to get here like now! I am READY!

      Delete
  2. thanx for the swatches!!! ill be getting it asap!!! ill wear it over black just the way you did!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so worth it! Definitely a gorgeous addition to my collection!

      Delete
  3. OMG! I love this polish; I need it in my life. You should post your mani of the day pics with your blog link on getstylin.com --> it's a fashion site that I'm interning for. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Milani Jewel FX glitter polishes, I have the gold and gems, and I'm dying to get all of them :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your macro shots are giving me life. Such beautiful pictures! And oh my words, why haven't I seen this Milani glitter? And yes! This will look goooorgeous over a blue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like its a crime not to give people macro shots of a holo or glitter! I mean, LOOK AT IT! I know a lot of people don't care, but for those of us with serious obsessions, its the differences that make me pass or buy! I am so excited. I'm hauling a green nail polish soon that I think will be the perfect mate!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis

Blogging tips