Stephanie Louise- All Things Beautiful: Mani of the Day: Sally Hansen in Lilac Chantilly

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Mani of the Day: Sally Hansen in Lilac Chantilly

  So..this is one of those good news bad news nail polishes. I got requests to swatch this (which I'm always more than happy to do!) except then I lost it in my house. As lame as this sounds...seriously its entirely possible & happens rather frequently. So, then I found it! Yay! Now onto the good news bad news of the actual polish.

Lilac Chantilly is a gorgeous metallic in the bottle. A blue toned lavender...which means right up my alley. Anything purple...I want. This has a spectacular mix of silver-y sheen. So what's the issue? I don't know if you can tell, but its crazy drying! This is 3 coats. I can see every ridge in my nail which isn't what I'm wanting when I apply polish. I've had some issues with Sally Hansen metallics in the past & it seems to be a repetitive issue. The dryness.

So although that's clearly the bad, here's the good. I think I can salvage this. This is going to have to be a base color or go over 2 coats of seche vite for a smooth application, but I will save it. Its a color I like enough to take the time to make it work, which is rare honestly.

Have you tried this shade? Anyone else have these similar issues with some metallics? 

If you love this shade as much as I do don't fret, I have a plan for tomorrows manicure :)

4 comments:

  1. I hate polishes that do or look like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lines/dryness or the color? If its the dryness, me too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find that a lot of metallic polishes have this issue!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis

Blogging tips