Sunday, January 8, 2012

My imPRESS Press-on Manicure in Working Girl Review

Oh yes, you did read that right! Although I did laugh quite a bit at the name of my selected manicure, I was slightly bummed. Working Girl is something I've done on my own nails many times, so it's not likely I'd reach for it in a false nail pack. Its a silver & black crackle mix, but it has some texture to it which I like. These were in my Influenster Holiday Vox Box, so I didn't pick them up myself. So here's what I like & what I don't!

Check out the texture, actual glitter. Hard shot to get, but there wasn't any other way to explain it!
PROS:
- I really love the variety!  You get a choice from 16 patterns, 2 french tips, & 18 solid shades. Having range is really important to me in an accessible set of false nails since I very rarely wear them. 

- These have the potential to be the best fitting drugstore nails of all time. You get 24 false nails in 12 different sizes. So not only do you get 2 manicures in one, but the opportunity for it to fit perfectly.

-The packaging. I can't say enough how much I love this! I will be keeping & decorating the packaging, its that awesome. Plus, it securely stores the nails while looking amazingly cute.

- The seal. Check out the peel off stickers below, see how it coveres every inch? Well I never had much faith in press ons, in fact, I tend to use glue anyways. I am rough & tumble with my nails so I'm lucky if they last a day & night. These lasted 4. Keep in mind I work with kids & clean with chemicals!

CONS:
- I shall call it "the notch" I suppose. So while sizing my nails, I started noticing some sharp points, right on the tips. They weren't on every nail, but when they WERE they were sharp as heck. They're a bit thick for any of my nail files, but next time I will pick up one especially for artificial nails I guess.

Something to Note- These aren't super long nails. Unfortunately some of my nails were TOO long, like my pinkie. If you want super long falsies, these aren't for you. If you want a more wearable length, these will be right up your alley.


All in all, I was really pleasantly surprised. In fact, I was so interested in trying another pair that I hit my local Walmart on a mission. Road Block Below! Guess I wasn't the only one wanting a pair eh? Oh well, eventually they'll be back in stock & then I'll show you some more!
 For information on this product, visit www.impressmanicure.com. You can find these in a pretty wide variety of places such as CVS, Rite Aid, Duane Reade, KMart, Walgreens, Walmart and more.

*Item(s) sent to me for review are featured in this post. This in no way guarantees coverage. All of my reviews and reactions are honest, I would never recommend something that didn’t deserve it. For more information, please see my disclosure policy in the top bar.*
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis

Blogging tips