Tuesday, May 29, 2012

May 2012: Dollar Tree Haul with Sally Hansen, Maybelline, & NYC

Every once in awhile, you score something undoubtedly awesome at Dollar Tree. I'm the first to admit I always walk out with something I don't actually need, but I'm pretty sure its because everything is $1. I've been stalking my local store praying that the NYC cream blushes that have been discontinued would hit here. I love cream blushes, especially in the summer. I like to layer a cream & powder for staying powers or where cream blush alone (sometimes just with tinted moisturizer) for a natural flush.

Left to right: NYC Blushable Creme Stick in Urban Spice,  Mauvin' Uptown, South St. Seashell, Big Apple Blush, & Berry New Yorker.
I waited or so (IM)patiently & here they are! I'm actually pretty happy with the color selection. For me, these shades are perfect.

 Left to right:Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Nail Polish in Rose Amore, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Colors in Raspberry Race (a lovely orchid), Uptempo Plum Presto Pewter, & Teal-y Fast.

I wasn't expecting these Sally Hansen shades to be there so they were a lovely surprise. Obviously I need more nail polish right? I actually tend to like the Insta-Dri colors & I don't think these have surfaced at the Dollar Tree here before.

Uptempo Plum is just gorgeous. This is a black base that actually looks black until it hits the light & then you see this gorgeous plum burst of glitter & sheen.

Maybellin Lip Express Lipstick n Liner in One in Fleeting Fawn (top) & Get Mauvin' (bottom).

These Maybelline pencils aren't something I remember seeing in stores. I picked one up awhile back on a whim in Fawn & I really love it. After doing a bit of makeup research, I around reviews for these pencils from around 2001. These were touted as being super long wearing & they didn't get very good reviews. HOWEVER, I like these quite a bit. They are more like moisturizing lipstick pencils. I wouldn't say they're long wearing but they are comfortable to wear which is great for me plus application is easy. Plus, I love the wood, these just look so cool.

For reference, all of these items come in packaging like these & are hanging on the wall.

Do you ever shop deals at the Dollar Tree? I've definitely had my share of hits & misses!

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They also have jello shot glasses hahahaha
      But yes, so exciting!

      Delete
  2. I wasn't aware that N.Y.C. had discontinued the cream blushes. I guess that explains why I was able to pick one up for 75% off at Rite Aid a few months back. That's too bad, as they were comparable to the Clinique cream blush sticks but at a fraction of the price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so bummed to hear this as well! They are a wonderful alternative to some high end item & I often prefer them to stains because they kind of grip better which makes them more long wearing for me.

      Delete
  3. Great haul! Can´t wait to see the swacthes and reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow .. I didn't realize dollar tree had makeup! :O

    ReplyDelete
  5. Makes me want to run out to mine right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ack! I need to go to Dollar Tree now! What a great haul!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know that Dollar tree has these gorgeous items!All for cheap price. I want to go there right away and grab everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its always worth a peek...or a dig...depending on your store! haha

      Delete
  8. Great post! I picked up the NYC blush from my local dollar tree as well. I was hoping that they would have the Berry new Yorker color, but they only had the south st. Seashell color. But it's great for summer!

    Please come look at my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis

Blogging tips