Remember when I showed you the specialty Glossybox I was sent to review? I showed you guys what kidn of brands to expect from Glossybox in the future & what they had sent me. Well, happily shelled out my own money & bought one so I could ACTUALLY review the service for you. If you want to see what I got & my impressions, continue on!
This arrived a box within a box like the one I received before. I love these boxes, I will be finding many uses for them if I continue with the service. They are extremely sturdy & quite lovely. I prefer these to the cheap bags MyGlam sends each month! If you want to see this box in more detail, check out my video on youtube so you can see it in real life.
What's in the box:
1. Burberry Lip Mist in Copper No. 202: This is meant to be a dewy lipcolor & I am glad to have it. This is a lovely sample with great, sturdy packaging. This comes off as a brown toned orange. This is from the UK.
A full size is 0.12 oz for $30. This sample is .028 oz which I believe is a decent size & worth about $7.
2. Marvis Whitening Mint Toothpaste: I've actually heard of this brand which is a surprise to me. Sure I love a good toothpaste but I was surprised to have heard of it! I didn't know this was from Italy either! I'm excited to try this.
This is a full size sample which is 1.23 oz & retails for $7.50.
3. Meg from Zoya Nail Polish: When have you ever heard me complain about a Zoya polish being included in one of my subscriptions? I think if anything you've heard me complain about NOT getting them! I love Meg & swatched it when I did the Beach & Surf collections in its entirety. My only issue with the entire box laid on this one item though because some of it had leaked around the top :( No major harm done but still a bummer though. This is the US based product.
This is a full size nail polish which is .5 oz & retails for $8 each.
4. Moisture Bound Refreshing Hydra-Gel from Amore Pacific: This product is from South Korea & has some pretty unique packaging. That top bit is a thin mirror but its actually metal & not exactly a circle. No big deal, but odd. It is a small sample but a full size is $100 so I'm not complaining...much. I'll probably use it around my cheeks where they get dry.
A full size is 1.7 oz & retails for $100. This sample is .27 oz so that makes this sample is $15.88.
5. Phytojoba Intense Hydrating Mask for Dry Hair from PHYTO: This is a large hair sample which I appreciate. Sometimes I feel like my thick/long hair is discriminated against! The tube is actually one of those metal tubes like the toothpaste above or some of my oil paints. Different right? I always love a great deep conditioner so I'm always happy to have one...especially since I can use it more than once! This product is from France.
The full size product is 6.7 oz for $38. This sample is 1.7 oz which makes this sample $9.64.
Extra: A Glossybox Blush Brush created from goats hair. This is one of those brushes I have to feel for awhile before I decide if I like it. I do by the way. This is kind of stiff but that's actually what makes it different. I can see myself getting a nice amount of blush on the stiff tips for a brighter look before buffing out.
Overall value of the box is approximately $48 plus the blush brush which I don't have a definitive value for.
Overall, I'm very happy with this box. The price is more than twice as much as Birchbox which is a bit of a burn but this box was definitely a joy. I love the fact that each product in this box is based in another country. Shall I hold out hope for products in the UK & Germany that I don't want to pay an arm & a leg for? Maybe! This leaves me with high hopes honestly which is a rocky road. I love the nail product, makeup product, hair product, dental product, skincare product, & the brush bonus. Very well rounded! If Glossybox can continuously bring me wonderful boxes like this, I'll continue subscribing. But remember, $21 is twice as much to lose!
As always, please let me know if you want to see anything particular reviewed in the near future. What do you think of this first Glossybox? Does this get you interested in this service?