Stephanie Louise- All Things Beautiful: PINK by MAHYA- The Most Fabulous Glitters (including a holo!)

Sunday, May 20, 2012

PINK by MAHYA- The Most Fabulous Glitters (including a holo!)

Are you ready for a glitter extravaganza? I don't hear enough wonderful things about Mahya, let alone about these incredibly gorgeous & versatile glitters. Mahya has a pretty wide range of shades including my personal favorite (Jewell) which is a fine holo. Endless options, fabulous glue, & the differences can all be found in this post! I can't WAIT to get more to show you!


 From Mahya Minerals Website:
  • This is NOT your normal teenage glitter that leaves you looking like a disco ball!
  • Very adult, very sexy!
  • Add to you favorite shadow, blush, and lip color for added shimmer.
  • Add to your body lotion and apply to add stunning highlights.
  • Add to hair gel and apply, or sprinkle into you hair brush, brush through, and spray with hairspray to hold shimmers in.
  • Fun additions to your makeup case!
  • Cosmetic grade glitters to add flash and glam!
  • Each color is a multi-faceted explosion of colors!
  • Add to your eye-shadow for extra FLASH.
What I Say: 

Let's start off with the 4 glitters shall we? I have 6 items total (plus the Eye Glitter Gel!) but 2 are a different type. The glitters are all very different & finer than I had expected. Jewell & Citrine are noticeably finer than both First Date & Kisses. Don't get me wrong, I like having multiple size options. If you guys want a comparison for the glitter size, I'll be happy to do that as well. Because they are so fine, I recommend not removing the plastic sticker that goes atop the sifter completely. I use tiny scissors & only remove 1-2 holes so that I have better control of the glitter.

Now let's talk about Starry Night & Twilight! These are from a different line called Glittery Minerals. These are basically eyeshadows mixed with glitters so they have a bit of both. I love these! Each has a base that covers the spaces that glitters often leave. This allows you to use them on their own, preferably under a base for tackiness. I do highly recommend the Mahya Eyeshadow base as its very tacky but using the Glitter Eye Gel in conjunction isn't a bad idea either.

The Glitter Eye Gel I have is in a pot & you get a lot. It doesn't dry out & seals really well. On the site, it is now available in a tube with a wand. I haven't tried this method from Mahya yet but if I do, I will be sure to let you know which I prefer. This is incredible, not too thick or thin. I apply it with an angled eyeliner brush for a bit of accuracy. You can definitely dab it on & then apply the glitter when its tacky. This hold the glitter like crazy. I haven't tried many glitter glue type products but this was definitely impressive in both ease of use & the longevity of wear.

Glitters:
- Kisses: A medium pink glitter.
- First Date: A medium purple glitter.
- Citrine: An gold toned bronze ultra fine glitter.
- Jewell: An ultra fine silver holo glitter.

Glittery Minerals:
- Twilight: A blurple (yes, blue & purple) powder that is so sparkling it looks to be glitter in a super fine form. This has a smoky base.
- Starry Night: A black/charcoal base with black & silver glitter.

So basically, you need at least ten of these. Maybe 50. I am now pretty obsessed & desperately need to collect every single one. There are so many I want now & I can't wait to try these with clear nail polish! I mean, the possibilities are pretty much endless! From the Glittery Minerals line, I'm dying to try Radiant, Summer, & Sneaking Out. From the Glitters I think next I need to get my hands on Aquamarine, Ladies Night, Gem, & Sassy Brassy. After shopping around, I pretty much need them all.

To pick these items up, just check out the Mahya Minerals website. I am not an affiliate so the following links are a courtesy: Glittery Minerals, Glitters, & Glitter Eye Gel.

I have some eye looks coming up using these soon so stay tuned for those, they are quite lovely if I do say so myself!

These products were provided for review from Mahya Minerals but this in no way effects my review or opinions. These are my honest opinions.

9 comments:

  1. *claps* Beautiful! Very very nice glitters indeed! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are oober gorgeous ive been getting into glitters lately cant wait for imats thats my goal this year haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will you be at the LA IMATS? I will be!

      Delete
  3. These look gorgeous! I would like to see a look created with using these :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that holo is amazing! Please do an eye look with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. SDo you guys have any color combos in mind? I paired Citrine with Turquoise & Starry Night with a red/purple but everything else is still being decided! I have some fab brights, a green & pink especially! Please do let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of these products before. Kind of remind me of the Eye Kandy glitters. Love the look you just did with Stary Night :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! They do, I actually picked up some Eye Kandy at IMATS so they should be making an appearance soon as well! YAY!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis

Blogging tips