Thursday, November 15, 2012

NYC New York Color Individual Eyes Custom Compact for Smoky Eyes Review + Swatches

Photobucket
I received this palette as part of my Influenster  Beauty Blogger Vox Box so I thought I'd show you guys what it is like! I absolutely LOVE some NYC products, especially the glosses & loose powder. I don't think I had tried the compact sets like this before, just the duos, so I was in for a pleasant surprise.

Photobucket
Straight from the city that never sleeps, NYC New York Color offers products with uptown style at down-to-earth prices, from $.99 - $4.99. The energy, style, and color of New York City shines through the wide range of shades, textures and innovative products. NYC always delivers the most on-trend products & shades hot off the runway!For more information, check out www.newyorkcolor.com

When I saw that not everyone received the same shades in their boxes, I was honestly hoping to not get this one. I have nothing against smoky shades, in fact I love them! They're sexy & fun but not always all that easy to use. I've found many drugstore smoky eye type kits just don't hold up well. As much of a makeup maven as I am, I honestly rarely reach for a drugstore traditional smoky palette. Often chalky or weakly pigmented, I have just gotten sick of wasting my money...$5 is $5.

Photobucket
I was pretty suprised when I swatched them...even kicked myself a little. Why haven't I tried one of these? Very soft & buttery, these shades are perfect. My only complaint about the shades themselves is that the 2 darker shades are really similar. That doesn't bug me much although I wish they had included a black. The illumator should be applied in a super thin layer or else it will crease, same goes with the base. The illuminator is actually better as a cheek highlight.

Photobucket
Photobucket
These swatches were over the included primer & the highlight is on the far right.

Is it my favorite palette? No, but it definitely isn't bad! I'm looking forward to checking out some of their colors to see if they are just as good in texture. I love finding out I like something new, especially something this affordable! Check out more NYC products at http://newyorkcolor.com/

**This was part of my Influenster Beauty Vox Box which means I received it at no charge. For more information, see this post.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis

Blogging tips