Monday, December 24, 2012

5 Days of OCC Lip Tars: Stalker Swatches & Review

Photobucket
The last of my OCC Lip Tar swatches & I thought I'd go out with a festive red! Stalker is a true red & I'm totally loving it to pieces.
Photobucket
How to Apply: I can't imagine using anything other than a lip brush. Because you only need a pintpoint amount, you need something with lots of control. Even for the lip stain type look I recommend a brush for even distribution. This is one of the few lip colors I trust to apply in the corners without a lipliner because it doesn't smudge around or travel. I first line my lip with the color then pull it to the center. The opposite works just as well .
Photobucket
Top is the small dot needed to swatch. Bottom is the swatch. Color was then applied to lips.
Photobucket
Photobucket
After 1-2 thin layers it is easily opaque.

Color & Wear:  OCC describes Stalker as a ""true blue based red" & that it is. I saved this for last because I just adore it so much this time of year, look at that pigmentation! It is your classic go-to red shade. It isn't too bright because of it has that cool base which makes it super flattering & a year round love. If you want a long wearing red without that dry or sticky feeling, I highly recommend OCC Lip Tar in Stalker!

If your lips are dry, I recommend exfoliating then applying a balm. Let that sink into your lips & then blot it off. Apply your OCC Lip Tar a tiny bit at a time. Less is more & it is ultra-buildable. I love the idea of this shade because it isn't as neon as some of the other pinks. I now need a neon pink now though...successful product OCC.

Photobucket
Purchase: I bought mine from Sephora in a set but this shade is available on its own. OCC Lip Tars retail for $16.00 each. You can also purchase them from the Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics website directly.

In case you missed my prior post, check out swatches of  OCC Lip Tar in Vintage, Grandma, Melange, & Pretty Boy!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis

Blogging tips