Monday, December 17, 2012

5 Days of OCC Lip Tars: Vintage Review + Swatches

Photobucket
I'm super excited about this week for 5 Days of! I currently own 5 Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics (OCC) Lip Tars so they fit in perfectly! Today I'm showing you Vintage, a sexpot red. Keep reading to see swatches, on my lips, & my thoughts!
Photobucket
How to Apply: I can't imagine using anything other than a lip brush. Because you only need a pintpoint amount, you need something with lots of control. Even for the lip stain type look I recommend a brush for even distribution. This is one of the few lip colors I trust to apply in the corners without a lipliner because it doesn't smudge around or travel. I first line my lip with the color then pull it to the center. The opposite works just as well.

Photobucket
Top is the small dot needed to swatch. Bottom is the swatch. Color was then applied to lips.

Photobucket
After pressing a small amount onto lips to "stain" them.

Photobucket
After 1-2 thin layers it is easily opaque.

Color & Wear: This is a deep red in the tube, almost scary. Once applied, it is much more wearable with a brightness not seen in the tube at all. OCC describes Vintage as a "Deep true burgandy" & although that is true, there is definitely some fire here.

Photobucket
The wear on this is superb. I have worn it both as a light "stain" & to full opacity. This is one of the few red shades I feel comfortable wearing while eating dinner in public after it sets up a bit. If your lips are dry, I recommend exfoliating then applying a balm. Let that sink into your lips & then blot it off. Apply your OCC Lip Tar a tiny bit at a time. Less is more & it is ultra-buildable. Perfect party lip.

Purchase: I bought mine from Sephora in a set but this shade is available on its own. OCC Lip Tars retail for $16.00 each. You can also purchase them from the Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics website directly.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis

Blogging tips