Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Nails By Laura (Joyful Noise) Winter Nail Polish Swatches& Review Part #1

PhotobucketI'm SO excited to be bringing you this post today! Yes, these polishes are glorious. But another reason is the technical difficulties I've been experiencing lately have been ridiculous. One thing after another. I'm hoping everything is back in good working order! Now...let's see these swatches! They're bound to put you in the holiday spirit! Laura just makes the most gorgeous combos!

Let's address the name change first shall we? Indeed! Nails by Laura will now be known as Joyful Noise Cosmetics! From now on, I'll be reviewing & referring to items by this new name but I wanted to explain a bit before anyone got confused! If you haven't seen my swatches from Laura of Joyful Noise just type "Nails by Laura" into the search bar at the top left of my blog! I'll be tagging them as Joyful Noise later on so you will be able to search that way in the future.

What Laura said about her exciting name change:
What does this mean for you? Absolutely nothing! It's no secret that I've felt limited by the name I chose when I first started almost 2 years ago, and feared I had established myself too well with that name to change it.
Then I realized... How can I be TOO established? You guys have been AWESOME, and I know you'll stick with me through this transition! Only good things are to come!

I'm super excited! I know lots of bloggers who chose names specific to a topic then felt limited to expand later. I say go for it, more is better! Today I'm going to be showing you the first 3 polishes of her winter/holiday collection...& they're pretty spectacular! I did use top coat below but that is a personal preference!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Dreidel, Dreidel, Dreidel: A very light baby blue base with a super fine blue shimmer packed with glitter. Glitter hex shades are medium sized vibrant blue, light purple, blurple, less frequent green, small holo & silver hexes. Seen here is 2 thin coats over white. 

I really like this shade, totally different from anything else I have & it feels nice & wintery. If you don't mind a little bit of a VNL you could definitely wear this on its own but I wanted to pop it against white.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Snow Bulb Fight: A milky white base packed with a hidden red/orange microshimmer. The glitters in this include extra large red hexes, medium green, yellow, lavender, blue, & super light green hexes. The most abundant glitters are small hex glitters in the shades orange & purple. 2 coats over a white base.

If you love shades like China Glaze It's A Trap-Eze! you'll definitely adore this! The name definitely describes the glitters which is impossibly cute. I love the edition of yellow glitter (which I'm not usually a big fan of), lavender, & that super faint green. Definitly super original & looks gret. This is 2 thin coats just to show the milky base. You could also wear this on its own or only in one coat over white. I love the large red hexes as well, they really draw the eye.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Nargles in the Mistletoe: A clear/light green base jam packed with glitter. Medium red & green hex & square glitter with very small light blue, red, green, & silver hexes. Seen here over ButterLONDON Pillar Box Red.

For those of you not geek-tastic like myself, this is an awesome Harry Potter reference! Although this is tons of glitter, this applied wonderfully smooth. I didn't want to take this off. Not one bit. In fact, after this mani comes off...I'm rocking this combo again. You guys are lucky you got anymore swatches out of me after this. This was GLORIOUS. I've never had a combo of red/green that contained a super light blue. That addition is brilliant & causes this glitter to move to the top of my must-have list. It positively glows with holiday cheer. This is one medium coat. Love. Seriously.

Photobucket
There you have it, part one! Next you will see an awesome warm glitter, golden stars, & the polish I refused to take off that will bling in the new year! I think you'll be impressed.

To purchase these polishes, head over to Joyful Noise Cosmetics on Etsy & remember to LIKE it on facebook to stay up to date on awesome deals, steals, & giveaways! I hope this has brought a bit of holiday cheer to your day!

**Products sent in consideration of review. All opinions are my own. Not a sponsored post.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis

Blogging tips