Stephanie Louise- All Things Beautiful: NEW Maybelline Color Tattoos Metal Collection Review & Swatches!

Sunday, December 30, 2012

NEW Maybelline Color Tattoos Metal Collection Review & Swatches!

PhotobucketIf you have been following me for awhile, then this post will come as no surprise. I'm obsessed with Maybelline Color Tattoos. Their price point is great & these shades have been a total hit. I'm found a few shades I'm not a huge fan of but you can always find a way to use them. From gel liners to eyeshadow bases to a fab eyeshadow on its own, I consider these must haves.

Photobucket
When they started talking about releasing a Metal Color Tattoo collection, I couldn't wait. The L'Oreal Infallible shadows have some awesome metallic shades & I knew these would fit right into my collection. In case you have missed my past reviews/swatches here they are for your enjoyment!: Fall 202 Color Tattoos, Jewel Toned Color Tattoos, & the core shades I owned in the beginning.

Below are the color descriptions & photos of each shade in the container. Top photo is in natural light & bottom photo is with flash. Below the description, you'll find swatches & finish descriptions.

Photobucket
70 Barely Branded: A very fair champagne with a touch of beige. I love this shade so much! After seeing this I knew I needed 2 of these since I wanted 2 of the shade Barely Beige from the Fall 2012 Color Tattoo collection. This is gorgeous & I can wear this on its own, as a highlight in my inner corners, & this makes a fantastic base! This is probably the best pigmented which is awesome because it is such a light shade!

Photobucket
55 Inked in Pink: An iced pink. I was so scared to try this one because pinks can be so hit or miss around my eyes. I tried this shade in my favorite way to wear shimmering pinks, with a matte brown in the crease. This seems to really make them work for me. & in fact...it did! Loving this shade, a good pink is hard to find! Pigmentation is great!

Photobucket
60 Silver Strike: A stunning silver metallic. Silver, yay! This is a superb base or liner shade & I really like the texture of this one. Wouldn't this be perfect as a smoky eye base? Pigmentation is also fab.

Photobucket
65 Gold Rush: A gorgeous gold metallic. I was pretty obsessed with finding this one since I'm always on the hunt for the perfect gold eyeshadow & the perfect gold eyeliner. This is fab & a lovely shade of gold! Pigmentation was fab.

Photobucket
75 Electric Blue: This is a bright blackened navy. I love this shade & if you aren't into blues on the eyes, this is a top notch eyeliner. Beautiful shade. I feel like my description is a little confusing because I call it bright then blackened but honestly I think they started with something almost cobalt-ish then added the blackened effect. Gorgeous. Pigmentation was average as a base shade & this might be one that needs to be layered to really pop.

Swatches left to right: Gold Rush, Silver Strike, Inked in Pink, Electric Blue, & Barely Branded.
Photobucket
Photobucket
 You can see Gold Rush & Silver Strike are definitely metallic & I also put Inked in Pink in the metal category. Electric Blue is definitely more of a gorgeous satin. Barely Branded is also more of a satin & blended in incredibly well.

This is always one of my most requested posts so I really hop you guys like it! I do have a mini rant though: Why are there only 2 of each shade available per store? how cruel is that? Same with all the new products lately...why only 2? I personally picked mine up at CVS but I picked up my backup of Barely Branded at Walgreens so check around if you are having problems finding these!

I've been thinking of swatching every Maybelline Color Tattoo I own since I have more than before...what do you guys think? Would you be interested in seeing that post? I'd also go over the texture some more & how I apply them since I've answered that individually a few times. What do you think of the Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal shades? What shades would you like to see them come out with next?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis

Blogging tips