Stephanie Louise- All Things Beautiful: Milani Color Statement Lipsticks in Raspberry Rush, Nude Creme, Red Label, & Flamingo Pose Swatches & Review

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Milani Color Statement Lipsticks in Raspberry Rush, Nude Creme, Red Label, & Flamingo Pose Swatches & Review

 photo PicMonkeyCollagemilani_zps8e1daab3.jpg
Milani has sent out a lot of these lipsticks to bloggers (sadly I wasn't one of them!) so I went to pick out some of the shades after seeing rave reviews. I didn't mean to really, but I happened to grab one from each color family. Definitely worth the buy! Keep reading to see why the Milani Color Statement Lipsticks will have a permanent spot in my vast collection!
 photo DSCN3979_zps28759ef7.jpg
From Milani: Make a statement without saying a word!  True Instant Color. One stroke, full coverage application. This next generation lipstick gives the ultimate in color, texture and finish.  The lightweight creamy formula contains Vitamins A, C, & E to moisturize and nourish lips. Paraben-free. Available in Vinyl, Metallic, Cream, Shimmer, Pearl & Matte finish.

 photo DSCN3986_zps579e9b6a.jpg 
The lipsticks don't have a lot of information on them (meant to look more sleek I imagine) so I'll be pulling some information from the Milani website. The lipsticks contain 0.14 oz of product (MAC Lipsticks contain 0.1 oz for reference) & come packaged in a golden reflective tube. The base contains a bit of the actual lipstick shade so you can see true color & if it has shimmer in it. I love color correct packaging, so much more helpful than guesstimating. The only information on the base is the shade name.

These have your average lipstick shape when opened. They smell distinctly of watermelon. Although that scent doesn't stick around for long, I absolutely love it. Fresh watermelon, not plastic-y at all. My kryptonite. I love me some watermelon.

 photo DSCN3980_zps17c05f8d.jpg
 photo DSCN3996_zpsd086a239.jpg
 photo DSCN3997_zps0e7b702b.jpg
Raspberry Rush- Metallic raspberry purple. I honestly didn't intend to buy a metallic shade but I didn't notice in the store. This is super pretty but I wish it was a cream since I find them a bit easier to wear. This is beautiful though & I see myself wearing this a lot.

Nude Creme- Pink based nude cream. Love this! What great opacity for a nude! Hidden shimmer that makes lips use more moisturized.

Red Label- Bright pin-up red cream. Gorgeous, seriously, the perfect red.

Flamingo Pose- Bright, warm toned coral pink cream. This is absolutely stunning. Perfect for spring & summer. Hidden shimmer that makes lips use more moisturized.

These shades have amazing, high-end like pigmentation. Absolutely impressive. The color is smooth but not drying. Very comfortable to wear. The pigmentation is absolutely perfect on all of the shades I purchased, I only use one swipe for the swatches.

I have to say, vast improvements have been made to the Milani lipsticks, these are undeniably lovely. I found mine in a permanent Milani display for only $5.49 each. Bargain, seriously. I urge you to at least pick one of these up, I can't wait to snap up some more! What shades are you loving? Anything you'd like to see more of?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis

Blogging tips